Google and Microsoft vetters for Odia reached an agreement on a translation approach in CLDR in this working document.
1. Revise the working doc in a Translation guide format.
2. Add a new Translation guides page and a section for Odia
New agreement for Odia Translation guide:
1. Avoid the use of diacritics when transliteration is required in Oriya - diacritics can be easily understood by Oriya well-versed users, but plain transliteration (without diacritics) is more common and preferred.
Follow the General Guidelines for Country/region names:
1. Use the most neutral grammatical form for the country/region that is natural for these two usages above. If there is no single form that can accomplish that, favor the usage within UI menus.
2. Use the capitalization that would be appropriate in the middle of a sentence; the <contextTransforms> data can specify the capitalization for other contexts. For more information, see Capitalization.
3. Each of the names must be unique (see below).
4. Don't use commas and don't invert the name (eg use "South Korea", not "Korean, South").
5. Don't use the characters "(" and ")", since they will be confusing in complex language names. If you have to use brackets, use square ones: [ and ]. (to be verified with ticket )
Transferring to Meike...
CLDR 34 BRS closing item, move all open 34 → upcoming
Updates on Info Hub made, language guide for Odia created based on documentaiton shared in comments above and in doc: