We're updating the issue view to help you get more done. 

ICU detect encoding type issues for German language

Description

I got an issue when I used ICU libs to detect encoding types, specially for German language.

I used functions as following:
ucsdet: ucsdet_detect and ucsdet_getName

If the input is some German language, the detect results is not correct in high rate.

For example: Waldbaumläufer.mp3

ICU returns me UTF8 format. This is wrong.

Status

Assignee

Andy Heninger

Reporter

TracBot

Labels

None

Reviewer

None

Time Needed

None

Start date

None

Components

Priority

medium